Electrical Project Engineer
Pacbrake is recognized as a North American leader in the design and manufacture of exhaust valves for emission systems serving the transportation industries.
We are seeking an Electrical (or Electromechanical) Engineer to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the successful completion of each project assigned.
Responsibility and authority for this position includes (but is not limited to):
- Product design and development
- Identifying part and assembly special characteristics
- Conducting engineering reviews
- Planning and conducting product and component testing
- Ensuring intellectual property is protected on projects, patents are applied for and Non-Disclosure Agreements are in place with all customers
- Perform duties as delegated by Engineering Manager
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a Bachelor Degree in Engineering as well as:
- 3+ years relevant engineering experience and hands-on experience in the automotive industry
- Highly motivated self-starter, not in need of daily supervision
- Goal oriented – can define a work-plan and manage daily activities based on a set of agreed upon goals
- Automotive electrical and mechanical system as well as onboard vehicle diagnostic experience required
- Embedded circuit design, wiring harness design, C/C++ and LabVIEW experience an asset
- Able to effectively plan, execute and document test procedures using data acquisition equipment as well as generate reports
- Excellent understanding of automotive design requirements with a good complement of experience in this field
- Utilize, generate, and update: design failure modes and effects analysis, bill of materials, and costing documentation
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Work effectively in a team environment and be able to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
Please note, this is a contract position with the possibility of leading to full-time employment
Having a reliable vehicle is a definite asset as public transportation to the company’s location is limited.
We thank all applicants however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
***Please include position title ‘ELECTRICAL PROJECT ENGINEERING’ in the subject line of your email***