Every PowerHalt kit comes complete with the necessary parts for installation. Most applications include custom pipes so no stock modifications are required. Full control options are available with our PowerGuard controller, utilizing a custom plug-and-play wiring harness with weather-pac connectors.
Installation Requirements and Recommendations:
• The valve should be installed as close to the intake manifold as possible in order to reduce the volume of air available to the engine. This will reduce the time to fully shut down the engine.
• A 1″ clearance is required from the valve to any other components.
• Maximum air temperature at the valve should not exceed 120°C.
• All hoses, adapters, and fittings must be suitable for the vibration of the engine application, and of reinforced type.
• Flexible hose gaps should be kept to a minimum and the overall pipe quality and integrity from the shut-off valve to the intake manifold should be confirmed. NOTE: Failure to ensure this, may result in hose collapse during valve activation and possible system leaks, preventing engine shutdown
• If an air intake flame trap is used, the valve must be installed upstream of the trap.
• Crankcase breather connections in the intake system between the valve and engine (or in engine intake parts) must be sealed and replaced by an external breather.