Mechanical Engineer -
Aftermarket Air Suspension Design and Development
WANTED: Aftermarket Car & Truck enthusiast with Mechanical Engineering skill set
- Are you currently dating a car or truck?
- Are you wrenching at home when you aren’t wrenching at work?
- Are you equally reliant on engineering theory as making it and trying it out?
- Are you a strong and quick communicator?
- Do you pay attention to detail and follow instructions?
- Are you looking to prove yourself and grow daily?
- Do you have an excellent ability to work with others (marketing, sales, procurement, warranty)?
- Do you have hands on experience working on vehicles (able to fit up prototypes)?
- Do you possess strong emotional intelligence to determine customer needs?
If this sounds like you and you believe you can sell your level of experience, we’re listening!
We are currently looking to grow our aftermarket truck parts design team. We require support developing pick-up truck air suspension, air spring controls (electronic control of air suspension systems), suspension levelling kits, and on board air kits (air compressors, air tanks, air horns, and accessories).
We are a small family-owned design, manufacturing, and marketing company selling directly to aftermarket customers, as well as running development projects with international engine manufacturers. We develop everything from engine brakes (diesel engine valvetrain), camshafts, solenoids, vehicle suspension to electrical controllers and phone apps.
We praise team members who are expert problem solvers, quick to learn, motivated/challenge themselves daily, see potential to get stronger in any project, and willing to get their hands dirty.
We offer a tight-knit work environment with a very flat hierarchy where experience or title aren’t what get you heard. With direct involvement with senior engineers and upper management, those eager to push themselves and willing to learn will grow quickly.
We offer competitive salaries, performance bonuses, overtime pay, generous benefits, tuition assistance, EGBC fees as well as flexible schedules and the ability to work from home.
We are located in Aldergrove, BC, blocks from Highway 1, and offer a mix of on-site and remote work.
Responsibilities of a fitting individual will include:
- Design and development of new aftermarket kits (competitor analysis, stress simulation, real life testing, sourcing of prototypes, prototype fit-up, manufacturing review, production drawing creation)
- Creation of installation manuals and videos (establishing installation process, writing installation manuals, working with marketing to script installation videos, performing installations on video)
- Training of marketing, sales, and technical support on new products (ensure sufficient understanding of products, as well as their benefits, to those projecting messages to customers)
- Staying on the pulse with customer issues as well as providing customer engineering support when needed
An ideal fit would possess the following attributes:
- Self-starter – able to establish direction based on limited instructions/high ambiguity, and own a project in its entirety
- Team player – works well with others and shows a willingness to build out new relationships/make friends
- Versatile – able to bounce between varying tasks and projects (kit design, sourcing of parts, scheduling of test vehicles, marketing support, design review meetings, etc.)
- Organized – able to keep track of project deadlines, project statuses, costs, kit components, as well as other project documentation
- Technical skills – experienced with sheet metal and machined part design and manufacturing (machining, bending, and welding of aluminum and steel; metal treatment such as anodizing, plating, powder coating)
- Proficient with SolidWorks and engineering drawings (sheet metal, machined parts, GD&T, stress and deflection simulations)
- Excellent spoken English and comfortable in front of the camera
If you believe you can be a strong fit for our team, please respond with a cover letter justifying how you meet our hiring criteria, along with a copy of your resume via email (Word document or a PDF file) to [email protected].
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pacbrake Management