Supply Chain Specialist
We are seeking an individual to help support and develop an international supply chain with a well-known local company in the automotive industry.
About the role—
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for managing and developing a local and an international supply chain that will support future strategic development.
Who you are —
- An individual in search of an opportunity to develop and grow with a very dynamic team
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- An excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Goal and growth oriented
- Able to manage daily activities with minimal supervision
- A team player with an ability to multi-task
- A positive individual with excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP and MRP packages and strong computer/Microsoft skills - Word and Excel
- Knowledgeable of the automotive industry
- Willing to travel both locally and internationally (post Covid)
- Experienced with Quality Management Systems ISO and TS
- Minimum of 2 of years international purchasing experience (preferred)
- Willing to have a flexible schedule to accommodate suppliers in different time zones.
As a Supply Chain Specialist, you will —
- Conduct purchasing activities in accordance with the ISO Quality Management System
- Negotiate pricing, delivery requirements, and quantities with suppliers
- Generate and issue all Purchase Order (PO) and sales invoices for business activities
- Maintain relationships with existing supplier’s while able to conduct new supplier validation process
- Develop an alternative international supply chain worldwide
- Work with necessary company departments to support production, warehousing and sales
- Maintain quality management system requirements
- Proficient in logistics and shipping activities
- Knowledgeable in international import/export and customs activities
- Monitor goods delivery and quality
- Work closely with the financial department to ensure all suppliers get paid correctly and on time
A LITTLE About us—
We are recognized as a North American leader in design and manufacture of a large variety of automotive components for aftermarket and OEM truck manufacturers.
We are conveniently located in the Gloucester Industrial Park off the 264th exit in the Township of Langley area, BC just blocks away from Highway 1.
*Please note, there is no public transportation available to our area*
We ARE PROUD TO offer —
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits
- RRSP matching
- Company Gym
- Regular company functions (i.e., BBQ’s, bowling, sporting events, annual holiday party, etc.)
- A fun, laid back environment
**While we are open to candidates with varying levels of experience – the ability to learn, independence/maturity, and a good cultural fit will have major bearing on candidate selection**
If your credentials match the above requirements, and you have the dedication and experience to fill this role, we would love to hear from you!
If you believe you can be a strong fit for our team, please respond with a cover letter justifying how you meet our hiring criteria, along with a copy of your resume via email (Word document or a PDF file) to [email protected].
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Pacbrake Management